What martial arts do you teach?
- We primarily teach Bujinkan budo taijutsu, which is comprised of taijutsu, jujutsu, kenjutsu, bojutsu, sojutsu, naginatajutsu, and shurikenjutsu. A wide range of combat strategies formed out of the warring period in Japan. So, in plain English, we teach grappling, wrestling, and striking techniques, as well as several classical weapons like the swords, sticks, spears, and throwing weapons.
Is it good for self defense?
- Budo taijutsu is good for self defense in both techniques as well as mental and situational awareness to avoid conflicts.
Is it good for health?
- Budo taijutsu is great for health. We have breathing exercises and daily practices designed to develop a better mind body connection. We also have stretching methods to develop flexibility and stability in our joints. Additionally, the Bujinkan Roselle dojo has many drills and exercises used to develop hand eye and body coordination, improving balance, focus, and our bodies structural stability.
How are the classes taught?
- Classes are taught with individual students in mind, all techniques will first be demonstrated and taught by the teacher first, each student will be able to feel the techniques done on them first by the teacher, later the student will do the technique on the teacher as well during the class. There is also drilling and practice as well as Q&A sessions about techniques.
- For kids classes at the Bujinkan Roselle Dojo, we focus on fun, practice and drilling. We also share inspirational stories, Japanese folk tales, and moral training. We instill study habits, practice habits, goal setting, and general attention and focus. In addition to students developing increased coordination and confidence. At the Bujinkan Roselle Dojo martial arts training is a holistic education in what it means to be a citizen and a good human being.
How do I begin?
- The first step to beginning is to make the choice to join or not. The first step to anything is based on a choice. Choose to come and train with us.
- Secondly, just arrive and bring something comfortable to wear.
- Thirdly, just be an honest and good person.
- Lastly, for training uniforms and the like, we will help with that once you have begun training.